NYDLC’s CLE Committee develops and convenes attorney education programming on topics central to our mission and of interest to members. Do you have an interesting Pro-Voter CLE topic you'd like to see us cover? Help us plan a great CLE!
Want to watch one of our past programs and get CLE credit on demand from home? Just click on one of the links below to purchase tickets to any of these exciting CLE programs from yesteryear:
- Ranked Choice Voting: How Does it Work, What to Expect?, original date of program: April 29, 2021, click here to purchase on demand and get 2 New York State Professional Practice CLE credits!
- Confronting Inequalities with Voting Rights Legislation, original date of program: February 23, 2021, click here to purchase on demand and get 2 New York State Professional Practice and 1 New York State Diversity and Inclusion (Total 3) CLE credits!
- Reforming the Electoral College, original date of program: December 9, 2020, click here to purchase on demand and get 2 New York State Professional Practice CLE credits!
- Impeachment: Past, Present, and the Role of Attorneys (ETHICS CLE!), original date of program: December 3, 2019, click here to purchase on demand and get 2 New York State Ethics CLE credits!
- Dissecting the New York Primary: Lost Votes and the Creation of a Better Process, original date of program: August 25, 2020, click here to purchase on demand and get 2 New York State Professional Practice CLE credits!
- Stay tuned for more of our previously recorded CLE content as it becomes available!
We have several CLE proposals in the development pipeline. Other recent CLE topics have included:
- - Constitutional Conventions in New York and the US: Reform Remedy or Dangerous Device?
- - Criminal Disenfranchisement Laws: Jim Crow's Legacy and the Right to Vote
- - The History of the Voting Rights Act (VRA)
- - Voter ID Laws: Past, Present, Future
- - New York City & State Campaign Finance Law
- - Election-Related Dirty Tricks and Deceptive Practices
- - NYS Voter Protection and Election Law (our signature election monitoring program!)
If you are interested in presenting or organizing a CLE, we want to hear from you!
Have ideas for programming or questions? Contact Committee Chair Brandon Smith by email: [email protected]
To see NYDLC's upcoming events, including CLE Committee meetings and programs, visit our EVENTS PAGE.