NYDLC’s CLE Committee develops and convenes attorney education programming on topics central to our mission and of interest to members. Do you have an interesting Pro-Voter CLE topic you'd like to see us cover? Help us plan a great CLE!
We have several CLE proposals in the development pipeline. Recent CLE topics have included:
- - Constitutional Conventions in New York and the US: Reform Remedy or Dangerous Device?
- - Criminal Disenfranchisement Laws: Jim Crow's Legacy and the Right to Vote
- - The History of the Voting Rights Act (VRA)
- - Voter ID Laws: Past, Present, Future
- - New York City & State Campaign Finance Law
- - Election-Related Dirty Tricks and Deceptive Practices
- - NYS Voter Protection and Election Law (our signature election monitoring program!)
If you are interested in presenting or organizing a CLE, we want to hear from you!
Have ideas for programming or questions? Contact Committee Chair Brandon Smith by email: LawyersCouncilCLE@gmail.com.
To see NYDLC's upcoming events, including CLE Committee meetings and programs, visit our EVENTS PAGE.